Wednesday, July 15, 2009

CRAZY 4 CULT


Well, the cats out of the bag. Recently my friend Amy Sol and I created a collaborative piece based on the fanciful movie "The Neverending Story" for this years "Crazy 4 Cult" show at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles. In doing our research for the piece, it was necessary to actually travel into the book and have our own adventures. After teaming up with Atreyu to save the world from "The Nothing", we encountered what we were hoping was the G'Mork, but in fact turned out to be this guy:... that's right. Limahl, the creator of the song with the same great name of our favorite childhood movie and the wearer of the most beautiful head of hair known to man, the spiky mullet. After battling him tooth and nail for days and days (Limahl fights dirty), I finally made it back to my studio and was able to finish my half of the painting, forever scarred, not so much physically, but more emotionally, I mean look at the amount of feeling he puts into each verse:


Well, you are all welcome to come out and join us for this years "Crazy 4 Cult" (heralding the cult movie classics)on July 16 at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles. There are too many amazing artists and pieces in this show to list so I hope you are ready for stimulus overload.

3 comments:

David Robinson said...

Lmao Douchebag link. good one haha.

H Munro said...

I can not even tell you how many sleepovers and birthday parties I went to that we watched this movie, that or Goonies!
Though when that horse dies...it was pretty emotional.

Laetitia said...

@Craola

Congratulations for your dazzling imagination and vision :)
I absolutely love the way you draw, the playfulness of the images and the surrealist effects.
You have a permanent visitor and an admirer in me!